Finnic Languages: Finnish and Estonian Translation Services
The Finnic (Fennic) or Baltic Finnic (Balto-Finnic, Balto-Fennic) languages are a branch of the Uralic language family spoken around the Baltic Sea, mainly in Finland and Estonia, by about 7 million people.
Uralic languages, family of more than 20 related languages, all descended from a Proto-Uralic language that existed 7,000 to 10,000 years ago. At its earliest stages, Uralic most probably included the ancestors of the Yukaghir language. The Uralic languages are spoken by more than 25 million people scattered throughout northeastern Europe, northern Asia, and (through immigration) North America. The most demographically important Uralic language is Hungarian, the official language of Hungary. Two other Uralic languages, Estonian (the official language of Estonia) and Finnish (one of two national languages of Finland—the other is Swedish, a Germanic language), are also spoken by millions.
Finnish and Estonian Translators in Finland and Estonia
Nordic-Baltic Translation agency Baltic Media is a leading provider of digital translation services in Northern Europe specializing in Northern European (incl. Nordic (Scandinavian), Baltic, Slavic, West Germanic) languages mostly in translation services from/into
As an ISO certified Scandinavian-Baltic language service provider, translation agency Baltic Media offers human translation services for corporate, public and individual clients.
Finnish and Estonian Translation Agency with Professional Nordic-Baltic Translators
More than 200 Nordic-Baltic language specialists are listed on our databases. In accordance with the quality policy of “Baltic Media” translation into the language required by the Client is carried out by a Scandinavian translator who is a NATIVE speaker of Finnic language and/or who resides in Finland and Estonia.
We employ only professional Nordic-Baltic translators with a college/university degree in linguistics and/or with experience in Finnic translation work with/without specialisation in a specific field.
We have introduced and we work in accordance with ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System thus we have improved the Finnic translation project coordination and Nordic-Baltic translator selection procedure. Baltic Media has its own Finnic translator testing system. Criteria: linguistic education, at least 5 years of experience in Finnish and Estonian translation, references from other clients, test translation.
A great number of our Finnic translators are certified Finnish and Estonian translators. This qualification is essential for Finnic translations certified by a notary as well as for interpretation in court trials.
Finnish and Estonian Translators
- Each Finnish and Estonian translation goes through three stages: translation, editing and proof-reading.
- Scandinavian translators work with translation programs Trados Translator’s Workbench and Trados MultiTerm which ensure consistent terminology.
- Data safety, storage and confidentiality are our responsibilities. Server storage for finished Scandinavian translations. If you lose your Finnish and Estonian translation, we will find it in our electronic archives.
- Educated, competent and service oriented Finnish and Estonian translation project managers who constantly improve their qualifications in Finnish and Estonian project management.
- Insurance of civil liability against possible Finnish and Estonian translation mistakes — insurance company will compensate the loss caused to the client. Such cases cannot be found during of the Baltic Media operation history. However, it serves as an additional guarantee for the client.
- We work globally and have 28 years of international work experience since we have our customers and Nordic translators in all continents.
- Additional services: layout design for Scandinavian translations, preprint preparation. When handing in the copy for Finnish and Estonian translation, you may choose to receive the layout ready to print. Layout design service (DTP — Desktop Publishing).