Faroese Translators | Faroese Translation Services
Faroese (føroyskt mál) is a North Germanic language spoken mainly in the Faroe Islands (Føroyar) by about 72,000 people, 51,000 of whom reside on the Faroe Islands and 21,000 in other areas, mainly Denmark.
Faroese is closely related to Icelandic, and the dialects of western Norway. However, as a result of the isolation, Faroese has a distinctive character of its own.
Faroese became the official language of education in the Faroe Islands, replacing Danish, in 1937. The following year Faroese started to be used in churches, and it became the national language of the Faroe Islands in 1948. During the 1980s Faroese started to be used in media and advertising. About 5% of the people in the Faroe Islands speak Danish as their mother tongue, and children have to learn it in school.
Language code ISO 639-1: FO
Faroese Translation agency Baltic Media in the Nordics
Nordic-Baltic Translation agency Baltic Media is a leading provider of digital translation services in Northern Europe specializing in Northern European (incl. Nordic, Baltic, Slavic) languages mostly in translation services from/into Swedish, Finnish, Danish, Icelandic, Faroese, Norwegian, German, English, Polish, Russian, Latvian, Lithuanian and Estonian.
As an ISO certified language service provider, translation agency Baltic Media offers human translation services for corporate, public and individual clients.
Professional Faroese Translators
Faroese Translation Services
- Each Faroese translation goes through three stages: translation, editing and proof-reading.
- Faroese translators work with translation programs Trados Translator’s Workbench and Trados MultiTerm which ensure consistent terminology.
- Data safety, storage and confidentiality are our responsibilities. Server storage for finished Faroese translations. If you lose your Faroese translation, we will find it in our electronic archives.
- Educated, competent and service oriented Faroese translation project managers who constantly improve their qualifications in Faroese project management.
- Insurance of civil liability against possible Faroese translation mistakes — insurance company will compensate the loss caused to the client. Such cases cannot be found during of the Baltic Media operation history. However, it serves as an additional guarantee for the client.
- We work globally and have 24 years of international work experience since we have our customers and Faroese translators in all continents.
- Additional services: layout design for Swedish translations, preprint preparation. When handing in the copy for Faroese translation, you may choose to receive the layout ready to print. Layout design service (DTP — Desktop Publishing).
Faroese Translation areas
Terms of delivery
Our most commonly used Faroese translations:
Faroese Language Services
Our specialists are also experienced in Faroese web site and software localization and translation of subtitles,voice over, dubbing of TV programs, movie trailers, video games, radio programs, commercials into Faroese.